Welcome to the World of Handcrafted Sterling Silver Jewelry

Starting this blog is something that has been put off until I got the store, www.JDKellyJewlery.com, just right. My sincere hope is that I can spark some discussion and we can share thoughts and information about jewelry and artisanship. Thank you for stopping by.

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Passion for the Sale

What's your passion? What gets you going, make you feel all mooshy inside, I mean besides the obvious things like loved ones and puppies? OK, it's love too, but can you define it?

For me, it is creating something that someone will buy, the thrill of the sale! In the jewelry business, I believe it also defines success.

I think about the time I spend designing in my mind, conceptualizing it, putting it on paper (napkin, paper towel, scrap, magazine or newspaper page),making a model, adjusting and then the final piece. The time spent, some agonizing and some effortless, trying to get the feel in my mind for the look on a customer's face when they see it for the first time. Reading expressions is a good talent to have. When they say, "I'll take it!" is when I get all goofy and then I know I have done a good job.

Of course I can't apply this to my Internet store since I can't see them. I will do another post on how I analyze my online guests.

"Inquiring Minds Want to Know"
Doug
www.JDKellyJewelry.com

No comments:

Post a Comment