Welcome to the World of Handcrafted Sterling Silver Jewelry

Starting this blog is something that has been put off until I got the store, www.JDKellyJewlery.com, just right. My sincere hope is that I can spark some discussion and we can share thoughts and information about jewelry and artisanship. Thank you for stopping by.

Thursday, March 25, 2010

What Makes A Good Store

 Since I have switched over to using Big Commerce as my eCommerce provider I have had a lot of people who use other shopping cart and eCommerce providers ask me what I think about BC? It's easier for me to ask them what they don't like about their present provider and then set their minds at ease about using BC.

Is that all it takes to make a good store?  Absolutely not, but it is the foundation for one. If the site doesn't function the way it should when it is supposed to then that may be the straw that breaks the camels back, thus adding to your abandon rate.

So, what do you need? In summary;
  • Products that people want
  • A good looking site
  • Prices that are in line with the market
  • A great eCommerce partner
  • and if you want sales you better have great Internet Marketing strategy and effort
 There is no one thing by and of itself that will do it, rather the combination of all these things.

"Inquiring Minds Want to Know"
Doug
www.JDKellyJewelry.com

2 comments:

  1. The current price of gold is near its all time high.. It is advisable for nearly all consumers to spend a few moments gathering their old jewelry to sell.




    Sell gold jewelry

    ReplyDelete
  2. While I wouldn't normally allow self-serving comments, I will this time just in case anyone wants to sell their jewelry for cash.

    ReplyDelete